UV Color Changing Pigment Set | Solar Pigment Kit | UV Pigment Assortment | Photochromic Powder | UV Activated Pigment | Sun Light & UV Solar Sensitive | Epoxy Resin Pigments | Decoden Cabochon DIY (Magenta Pink Yellow Cyan Blue Purple / 16 grams)
UV solar pigment is a color changing pigment that changes color from translucent white to its responsive color when exposed to sunlight or UV light....
Dispatch within 2 business days
Secret gifts for all orders
Earn 10 reward points for every US$1 spent
UV solar pigment is a color changing pigment that changes color from translucent white to its responsive color when exposed to sunlight or UV light.
This is a kit of 4 colors in which 3 of them are the primary colors: magenta, cyan and yellow. Therefore, you are able to mix the pigments together to get the new colors.
- Magenta Pink (Outdoor), Translucent White (Indoor)
- Cyan Blue (Outdoor), Translucent White (Indoor)
- Yellow (Outdoor), Translucent White (Indoor)
- Purple (Outdoor), Translucent White (Indoor)
Areas of Use: Resin, paint, ink, etc.
- Resin: 1-3% for Epoxy Resin, 10-30% for UV Resin
- Paint: 10-30%
- Ink: 20-40%
You can also mix the UV pigments with a little bit of another pigments (can be UV pigments or non UV pigments) to achieve the desired color.
Mix with UV pigments: If you mix red UV pigment with blue UV pigment to clear resin, you will get translucent white color indoor and purple color outdoor.
Mix with non-UV pigments: If you mix red UV pigment with blue non-UV pigment, you will get blue color indoor and purple color outdoor.
Note: If you mix with non-UV pigments, please add only a small portion of non-UV pigment to test. Since there are too many pigments, so I am not able to tell the mixing ratio of UV pigment with non-UV pigments.
There are lots of mixing experiment you can do with these pigments. If you are not using UV resin, you can check how the color changed by using UV lamp or going outdoor when you mix the UV pigments with epoxy resin, this way can help you to check the mixing ratio.
Net Weight: 16 grams (4 grams per color)
1. The color in the cover image is just for reference only. It is because the shade of color depends on the amount of pigment and UV light. The more the UV light, the faster the color changes and the darker the color.
2. This pigment does not react to temperature or room light, only to UV exposure.
3. Please keep unused products away from direct sunlight so it can keep changing color for years. Too much exposure to UV / Sunlight will shorten the life of the pigments.